We are proud to be participating again in this year’s Return of the Pumpkin People. Our Charlotte’s Web display last year was a smash hit and I am planning something this year to highlight the Library’s modern services.
Unsurprisingly, to those who know me, I have waited until the last minute and I am begging some help. If you would like to provide any of the following, please drop it at the Library any time; leave a comment below; or email me and I will happily and gratefully accept.
If you want to give something, please drop it off before 9/26 (yes, that is Saturday):
- an old light-colored sheet,
- Fabric markers or paint,
- Bale of straw,
- old lawn chair – adirondack style would be ideal. I can return it,-
- Old Pants
- long sleeved turtleneck (there will be a short sleeved over it)
- PUMPKIN! Human head size
- Old and not-functional laptop
- Old wooden crate (for a makeshift side table)
- Glue gun
- Heavy gauge wire
- Zip ties, big ones
If you want to help out. please come to the Library around 10am on Saturday 9/26 and give me a hand. Tasks may include the following.
- Lettering a large sign
- Hang sheet from a tall ladder
- Stuff clothes with newspaper to create pumpkin man
- Lend some ideas and creativity as we set it up
We had a blast making the display last year – this is a fun project that helps the Library – but most of all gives us a reason to spend a few hours building something. Kids are welcome to come and race around – mine will be here. Thanks for any help you might be able to provide and I promise to manage my time better next year.