Dear Friends of the Library,
Another busy and productive year at the Jackson Public Library has passed! We want to thank you once again for all your generous past contributions, which have allowed the Library to:
- Once again purchase the great majority of our new books, periodicals, audio/visual resources and equipment;
- Continue our popular, frequent programs, like the Ben Kilham presentation on our native black bears, which filled the Whitney Center to capacity, and our first annual summer picnic, which featured live music by Miss Maybell & Slimpickin’s;
- Replace and upgrade much-needed electronic technology, such as the new laptop computer we funded for our librarian;
- Add new furnishings, such as the new Adirondack chairs on the deck behind the Library;
- Promote reading and literacy for the children of families in our community, through the always well-attended summer reading program; and
- Keep the town portion of the library budget at a reasonable level. The Town of Jackson generously pays for all salaries and building maintenance, and we receive a small interest income from library trusts. Funds for all other expenses come from your gifts.
The Library is also considering some new services, like free day passes to places like the Squam Lake Science Center in Holderness, the Remick Farm Museum in Tamworth, and the Loon Center in Moultonborough. And we are looking ahead at some future capital expenses, such as a permanent installation to replace the present wheelchair access ramp and deck at the rear of our building. Some lighting repairs will also need to be done.
With your continued support in sending your gift to the Friends of the Jackson Public Library, we will be able to maintain the same level of quality services and programs that we have all enjoyed. We thank you in advance for your past friendship, and for your help once again this year.
Allen Brooks, President
Friends of the Jackson Public Library
ps. This year we are excited to offer online giving to make your gift quickly and easily. Alternately you may mail or deliver a contribution to the Library, payable to the Friends of the Jackson Public Library.