I got an email tonight that warmed my embattled little heart: "Even though I don't know many answers I am already looking forward to your emails." Those are the things that make everything worth it, aren't they?
We have a new leader, folks! Team Logix playing for the beautiful Madison Town Library is now leading by a point and a half. The current standings show that it's still anybody's game - the final round upon which we are all hinging our Saturday night - is a bidding round. Three questions. Max bid of ten point per question. The whole game can change.
Nothing like a music round to remind you what a geek you are, right? If it had been a musicals round or folk music round, I would have killed it. Here are your answers:
- Robert Palmer sang "You're gonna have to face it, you're addicted to love." I recommend listening while dancing in the kitchen in your socks. Hopefully you have children to embarrass or delight, depending on their age. Ours are on the fence.
- Paul McCartney was the last member of The Beatles to get married for the first time.
- Neil Diamond wrote I'm a Believer recorded by The Monkees in 1966.
- She Loves You was written by Jon Lennon and Paul McCartney and included the lyric "with a love like that you know you know you should be glad, ooh"
- MTV chose the Counting Crows as the Best New Artist in 1994 for their song, Mr. Jones.
- Johnny Rotten considered his Sex Pistols band mate Sid Vicious a "waste of space."
- Tina Turner released We Don't Need Another Hero in 1985.
- To Sir with Love was a film starring and a song sung by Lulu.
- In Our House sung by Madness brother has a date to keep.
- Most of you are about to have your minds blown like mine was. David Bowie co-wrote the song Fame with Jon Lennon. Of course, we miss them both... but mostly Bowie.
- According to the J. Geils Band in their song Centerfold "my blood runs cold, my memory has just been sold."
- Jay Z was born as Shaun Carter.
- Aerosmith guitar Slash used to be Saul Hudson.
- Sting taught high school English when he was still Gordon Sumner.
- Bono used to be Paul Hewson.
- Pink signs her checks Alecia Beth Moore.
- Alice Cooper's yearbook shows Vincent Furnier.
- Mama Cass started out as Ellen Cohen.
- Reginald Dwight became Elton John then got famous.
- Lady GaGa seems much less glamorous as Stefani Germanotti.
- Declan McManus croons much better as Elvis Costello.
- Freddie Mercury started life as plain, ordinary Farrokh Bulsar.
- Joni Mitchell used to be Roberta Anderson.
- Would Meat Loaf have been as wild if he has stayed Marvin Aday.
- Somehow Calvin Broadus Jr suits Snoop Dogg just fine, thank you very much.
- Eminem is still Marshall Mathers to his parents' friends.
- Katy Perry is a conservative dresser when she leaves home as Katherine Hudson.
For your Wednesday entertainment, we have the Order Round which will close at 7pm tomorrow. Sleep tight poppets. Thanks for playing.