It’s our favorite day of the month around here, New Book Day! I try to place book orders around the 1st of each month so they come in at the end of the first or second week. This one was a bit delayed but for a good reason, there were so many awesome titles coming out that I place an extra big order.
We will be slowly processing them and putting them on the shelf over the weekend but a few highlights:
- The New Girl by Daniel Silva is released on Tuesday. The latest in a popular series.
- Also on Tuesday comes The Nickel Boys from Colson Whitehead, author of The Underground Railroad.
- I’m particularly excited about This is Home by Lisa Duffy because it is set outside of Boston and
- Ayesha at Last by Usma Jalaluddin because it is about a young muslim woman who wants to be a writer and is resisting an arranged marriage. I love novels to introduce me to a culture, experience, or world I know nothing about.
- I veered heavily into beach reading territory with The Lemon Sisters (Jill Shalvis) and How Could She (Lauren Mechling).
- I’m looking forward to hearing from my Sci-Fi readers about Wanderers by Chuck Wendig – you know who you are sci-fi reader!
- We have a new one in the Chet and Bernie series from Spencer Quinn on the shelf! It’s entitled… wait for it… Heart of Barkness. Goodness me, puns are wonderful.
The list above is not the least bit comprehensive, so scroll through the list and get those holds in so we can have your selections waiting at the desk for you.
We got a bunch of new movies this week too as well as a new BVLA group with lots of new-to-us stuff. We’ve noticed less traffic in general this summer and we miss you! Where is everyone?