We had our final official event of our Summer Reading Program yesterday. It was bitter sweet after a summer filled with terrific activities with guests from all over the state. Our first story time included 15 families under our tent - an all time record! Families have been picking up wee tea sets and other goodies won in our book bingo challenge as well as prizes for turning in reading logs. We are so grateful to everyone who attended these events as well as the following contributors:
- Autumn Nomad for sweet prizes from their irresistible treat case.
- Diary Queen for helping us give away dozens of free cones.
- J-Town Deli for gift certificates for readers' choice of amazing snacks.
- Portland Sea Dogs for vouchers to allow summer readers a break to take in some ocean air and baseball.
- Story Land for passes as for four lucky readers.
- Our long-time Friend of the Library who donated teeny-tiny tea sets that went to many loving homes.
Several organizations donated their resources to bring us our events. We would like to thank:
- Tin Mountain Conservation Center in Albany for bringing us New Hampshire Wildlife.
- Green Mountain Conservation Group in Effingham for their wonderful Frog Discovery Time.
And finally, the summer simply would not have been possible without our beautiful tent to oversee it all. The tent was funded by the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 and administered by the New Hampshire State Library and the Institute of Museum and Library Sciences.
It was such a big success that we are working on finding funding to purchase a tent and other equipment to make our summer-time outdoor space more versatile. If you appreciated having the tent this summer and would like to help it continue, please consider emailing me a letter of support I can include in our grant application.