I cannot tell you how pleased I am to announce that on June 17 we will return to being ALMOST fully open. Here's the scoop:
- Return to full hours of Tu&Th 10-7, W&F 2-5, Sa 10-2. We will continue to close on Sunday for the time being.
- Masks and distance will be strictly required while in the building. If you're unable to mask, let us know and we will make arrangements to get you what you need.
- If we get so many people inside and they have having trouble distancing, you may be asked to wait outside. We don't anticipate this happening often, but it is possible.
- We will continue to request only one family at a time in the kids room since little ones are not vaccinated.
- Our bathrooms and meeting room remain closed for the time being.
- Please continue to return items in our outdoor bookdrop on your way inside - it's just easier for us and less likely to get things mixed up.
Change to picking up holds
In my last newsletter, I asked folks to log their preferences about contact-free pickups vs. picking up holds at the desk. I know some have really gotten used to grab and go so I was surprised that the vote was split down the middle.
So, here is the plan when you have requested an item is held for you. You will receive and email informing you the item is available for you to pick up at the desk.
If you prefer to pick up in the foyer
- Please respond to that email and tell us when you expect to grab it.
- We will adjust the due date, wrap it up for privacy, and put it in the closet in the foyer with your first name.
If you are happy to pick items up at the desk, simply come in during open hours and we will check the item out to you as usual.
We are beyond excited for this big step forward - it's been a tough year during which we have been asked to rethink every aspect of our work in order to continue any semblance of library services to you.
I would like to extend my heartfelt thanks to our Library Board of Trustees, our town's Emergency Manager, Selectmen, and most of all, our dedicated staff who have shown unparalleled enthusiasm, grace, and dedication. They have worked tirelessly and deserve only praise and appreciation.