I don't know about you, but I sometimes struggle coming up with conversation topics during family events. Even more if those events are via phone call or screen.
I am here, your devoted librarian, with a solution for you.
We are offering a holiday round of Town Battle Trivia! In May we had 36 teams registered and 18 who played every round. I would love to top that.
A few changes this time. I will award two prizes, one to the library of the winning team and another to the library with the highest total score for its 3 highest scoring teams. The prize will be a book of the library's choosing with a bookplate commemorating the game.
Register your team now and the first round of questions will be released on Christmas Eve and every evening through New Year's Eve. Winners announced New Year's Day.
Standings and rounds will be published on the Trivia webpage. Registration and rounds will remain open until the last round of questions are due on 12/31. This way if you are hanging out with your family on boxing day, you can catch up and play along.
Here's the fine print:
- Teams limited to three people or one household, whichever is more.
- Each team must affiliate with a participating library. If your library is not listed, please ask them to get in touch with me. It's much more fun if the libraries are in on it!
- No research - honor system.
- Answers may be challenged, but decisions by the host are final.
- Team name, standings, and supported library will be public.
Register now and the first round will arrive in your email on Christmas Eve. Tell your friends! It's fun.