What you can borrow from the Jackson Library:
- Audiobooks: mostly in CD format, still a few cassettes
- Downloadable Audiobooks and eBooks
- Music CDs
- Videos: mostly DVDs, still a few VHS cassettes
- Magazines and Newspapers
- Games and puzzles
Unusual items to borrow:
- WiFi Hotspots: We have two tMobile hotspots you can checkout for two weeks. Great for second homes that don’t have internet. Simply plug them in and connect to the wifi with your phone, tablet, or laptop.
- Nook and Kindle e-readers: lending period is 2 weeks; for use with NH Downloadable Books. Download and transfer to e-reader must be done on library computer, but you can browse, reserve, and check out e-books to your account before downloading at the library. Call to check availability.
- Kill-a-Watt Meters: lending period is two weeks.
- Orion Reflector Model Telescope: check out for a week of star and planet gazing.
Jackson residents, seasonal property owners, town and school employees, all can apply for a library card with proof of residency or employment. Nonresidents can apply for a library card with full borrowing privileges for a $35 annual fee. Children can get their own cards, with parent or guardian permission.
- Books, audio books, magazines and music recordings are checked out for 2 weeks.
- Videos and telescopes are checked out for 1 week.
- If you need an extended borrowing time due to a school project or vacation, speak with a member of the library staff.
Items may be renewed in person, by phone (leave a message anytime), and by using the online catalog. Renewals for some items–new videos, items that have been reserved for another person, interlibrary loan books, equipment–are limited.
During the library’s open hours, please return books to the desk. After hours, there is a book drop slot located to the right of the library’s entrance.