Impressive showing from Jackson's ABC123 team with nine correct answers out of ten. It would have been a perfect score but for the fact that Boy George aka George O'Dowd played in the band Culture Club and I wanted the band name. Don't take it too hard, friends, it doesn't count toward the final scoring. The leaderboard is online along with a link to the next round.
We have an extraordinary 37 teams signed up, which is far more than I imagined and so exciting. I hope this activity will help with our missing sense of community. White Birch Books has generously donated a prize for the winning team and a prize for the winning library. Any other prize donations out there would be gratefully accepted.
I know you are dying to know so here are the answers to the Warm Up Round:
- What superhero does Mr. Benny Krupp become when hypnotized?
- Captain Underpants
- What is the name of the rat in Charlotte's Web?
- How did Georgie Porgie make the girls cry?
- He kissed them, naturally!
- Rebecca De Mornay
- Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm
- Rebecca Lobo
- Rebecca Hall
- Anthony Kiedis is the lead singer of what band?
- Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Chris Martin is the lead singer of what band?
- George O’Dowd is the lead singer of what band?
- Culture Club (Yes, his stage name is Boy George, but that's not the band name!)
Now, the moment we have all been waiting for *drum roll*... Round One is the Numbers Round! Answers are numbers 0-15, none are repeated and they are worth one point each. The window to answer will slam shut at 7pm tomorrow night Sunday May 3rd. Good luck!